Saturday, August 3, 2013

Routes & Branches 8/3/13

Another great musician has gone on to play in the great band in the beyond. JJ Cale, the understated guitarist of his time who influenced so many other musicians and yet never really attained commercial success.
I was fortunate enough to see JJ Cale the last time he toured through Eugene and I am so glad that I had the chance to see him perform. I always liked his rolling rhythm style of song writing. I could have filled more than 2 hours of his music, but I have to mix it up with some of the new music just to stay current. Here is what I played today.

Artist-Song-Source

3pm
JJ Cale - Any Way The Wind Blows - Okie
Widespread Panic - Travelin' Light - Space Wrangler
JJ Cale - Travelin' Light - Troubadour
JJ Cale - Waymore's Blues - Rewind
New Country Rehab - Home To You - Ghost Of Your Charms
The Breedings - Two Drinks - Fayette
Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell - Chase The Feeling - Old Yellow
Donna The Buffalo - I Love My Tribe - Tonight, Tomorrow and Yesterday
The Coal Men - Tennessee - Escalator
JJ Cale - Cocaine - Troubadour
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - Danger - The Road To Escodido
JJ Cale - Golden Ring - Rewind
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - Ride The River - The Road To Escodido
The California Honeydrops - Carolina Peach - Like You Mean It!

4pm
The California Honeydrops - When It Was Wrong - Live
Shawn Mullins - Light You Up - Light You Up
Sarah Jarosz - Song Up In Her Head - Song Up In Her Head
Todd Snider - Tillamook County Jail - Nashville Skyline
Hayes Carll - Bad Liver And A Broken Heart - Trouble In Mind
Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby - How Mountain Girls Can Love - Cluck Ol' Hen
Bill Kirchen - Hot Rod Lincolin - Seeds & Stems
JJ Cale - Roll On - Roll On
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me The Breeze - One More From The Road
JJ Cale - I'm A Gypsy Man - Troubadour
JJ Cale - Bring Down The Curtain - Roll On

No comments: