Saturday, August 24, 2013

Routes & Branches 8/24/13

My show follows 'The Magical Mystery Tour' which features music from the 60's to early 70's so I often like to play a track that fits my show but also could be played on the Tour which only partly explains why I have started my show this week and last with the Allman Brothers band. The other part of the explanation is that the Portland band 'Brothers and Sisters' will be performing the Allman Brothers' "Live from the Fillmore East album in it's entirety next Saturday at the WOW Hall. This is no garage cover band. It is made up of seasoned Portland musicians including Lewi Longmire and Anita Robinson on guitar, Matt Cadenell and Ryan Spellman for the rhythm section, along with Tim Higgins on bass, Steve Kevin playing keyboards and David Lipkin joining in on harmonica. Their goal is to reproduce the live feel of the album as closely as they can. I hope to have Lewi stop by my show next week to talk more about the band and the music.

So the summer flood of CDs hit me this last week and I had more new discs than I could play today. some of the highlights are Dan Hubbard, Austin Lucas, Delvin Jake, Kevin Abernathy and Willie Nelson with Dolly Parton. I'm still lovin' the new  Bill Kirchen and the  Scaggs & Hornsby CDs.


Artist-Song-Source

3pm
Allman Brothers Band - In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed - The Allman Brothers Band At Fillmore East
North Mississippi Allstars - Meet Me In The City - World Boogie Is Coming
Sassparilla - New Love - The Darndest Thing
The Stagger & Sway - Sams Bonds Garage - Breack Til You Bend
Shook Twins - Shine On - Window
Dan Hubbard - Livin' In The Heartland - Livin' In The Heartland
Austin Lucas - Alone In Memphis - Stay Reckless
Delvin Jake - Jesus Tell My Mama - Jesus & Mama
Delvin Jake - Mama Tried - Jesus & Mama
I See Hawks In LA - Oklahoma's Going Dry - Mystery Drug
Shinyribs - Somebody Else - Gulf Coast Museum

4pm 
Bill Kirchen - It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry - Seeds & Stems
Jim Liberato - Jasmine - I'm Not High Anymore
Ricky Scaggs & Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is - Cluck Ol' Hen
Yarn - Blueskies, Brighter Times & Roses - Leftovers Vol. 2
Chicago Farmer - Everybody In This Town - Backenforth, IL
Dawes - If I Wanted Someone - Nothing Is Wrong
Kevin Abernathy - She Loves Jesus - Some Stories
Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers - Little Too Late - Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers
Mark Knopfler - Got To Have Something - Privateering
Willie Nelson Feat. Dolly Parton - From Here To The Moon And Back - To All The Girls

No comments: