Sunday, August 18, 2013

Routes & Branches 8/17/13

I first want to thank Mike Meyer for sitting in for me last week while I went to Portland to see Todd Snider, Shawn Mullins, Hayes Carll and Sarah Jarosz. It was a wonderful outdoor show at the Oregon Zoo with each artist performing their own set of songs. It was a perfect home town reunion of sorts for Snider. He was in top form and would have told stories all night if the Zoo hadn't had a 10 pm curfew.
This weekend was my friend Al's annual pig roast and in honor of that I started with a set of Barbecue songs. I also featured new music from I See Hawks In LA, Tedeschi Trucks Band and Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion. 

Artist-Song-Source

3pm
Allman Brothers Band - Blue Sky - Eat A Peach
Old And In The Way - Pig In A Pen - Breakdown
Robert Earl Keen - Barbecue - The Party Never Ends
Marcia Ball - Peace, Love and BBQ - Peace, Love and BBQ
Paul Thorn - I Don't Like Half The Folks I Love - Pimps & Preachers
Too Slim And The Taildraggers - When Whiskey Was My Friend - Blue Heart
I See Hawks In LA - Rock N Roll Cymbal From The Seventies - Mystery Drug
Shinyribs - Sweeter Than The Scars - Gulf Coast Museum
Blakie And The Rodeo Kings - Black Sheep - Kings And Queens
Johnny & June Carter Cash - Jackson - The Essential Johnny Cash
Gram Parsons - Return Of The Grievous Angel - Grievous Angel
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Idle Wind - Made Up Mind

4pm
Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion - Not Felling It - Wassaic Way
Shawn Mullins - Catoosa County - Light You Up
Todd Snider - Brenda - Agnostic Hymns & Stoner Fables
Chicago Farmer - Twenty Dollar Bill - Backenforth, IL
The Whiskey Chasers - One More Pull Of Whiskey - Well For The Worse
Steve Martin & Edie Brickell - Love Has Come For You - Love Has Come For You
Whitewater Ramble - Beyer's Canyon - Roots & Groove
Sassparilla - New Love - The Darndest Thing
The Stagger & Sway - River Road - Break Til You Bend
Shook Twins - Potter's Daughter - Window
Big Sandy And His Fly-rite Boys - Missouri Gal - What A Dream It's Been
Bill Kirchen - Down To Seeds & Stems Again - Seeds & Stems

No comments: