Saturday, August 31, 2013

Routes & Branches 8/31/13

Well I normally collect all my CDs with working man songs to play this weekend, but this time I have been overwhelmed with my own work that I haven't had any time to round them all up. But I did grab my Best of Merle Haggard CD and could start the show with Workin' Man Blues.

With it being the end of the month, I also brought along my favorite picks for this month's Freeform American Roots Chart. Number one fav-O-month was Bill Kirchen's 'Seeds & Stems' followed by  Ricky Scaggs & Bruce Hornsby with 'Cluck Ol' Hen', I See Hawks In LA 'Mystery Drug', Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers self titled CD, North Mississippi Allstars  'World Boogie Is Coming'  and Tedeschi Trucks Band with 'Made Up Mind'.


3pm
Merle Haggard - Workin' Man Blues - Hag The Best Of Merle Haggard
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Whiskey Legs - Made Up Mind
John Fogerty - Almost Saturday Night - Wrote A Song For Everyone
The Mavericks - Back In Your Arms Again - In Time
Truth & Salvage Co. - Games People Play - Pick Me Up
Truth & Salvage Co. - I'm Not Your Boyfriend - Pick Me Up
North Mississippi Allstars - Goin' To Brownsville - World Boogie Is Coming
Ray Wylie Hubbard - Down Home Country Blues - A. Enlightenment B. Endarkenment
Chicago Farmer - The John Stokes Prison Break Blues - Backenforth, IL
Hayes Carll - Little Rock - Little Rock
Steve Earle - Six Days On The Road - Essential Steve Earle
Sara Petite - If Mama Ain't Happy - Circus Comes To Town
Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers - Little Too Late - Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers

4pm
Wild Ponies - Things That Used To Shine - Things That Used To Shine
Allman Brothers Band - Statesboro Blues - Live at The Fillmore East
Kris Kristofferson - Ramblin' Jack - Feeling Mortal
I See Hawks In LA - We Could All Be In Laughlin Tonight - Mystery Drug
Dan Imhoff - Compass - Agraria
Hobo Nephews Of Uncle Frank - When We Were Smokin' - Number One Contender
The Mother Hips - Toughie - Behind Beyond
Ricky Scaggs & Bruce Hornsby - White Wheeled Limosine - Cluck Ol' Hen
Bill Kirchen - Hot Rod Lincoln - Seeds & Stems

No comments: