Saturday, January 30, 2010

Routes and Branches Play List 01/30/10

Well,I'm still focused on Steve Earle and Townes Van Zandt this week since my wife found and bought me a copy of Together At The Bluebird Café. It is a live recording of Steve, Townes and Guy Clark from 1995 when they performed at a benefit concert for the Interfaith Dental Clinic at The Bluebird Cafe in Nashville. They each take turns performing their own songs in what seems to be an informal setting. I featured two sets of each artist playing a song. The disc even has Townes telling a story about his own dental needs because of loosing a tooth in a dice game which I didn't have time to play. I closed out my show the way Steve ended his show the other night with his song Copperhead Road.



Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Reckless Kelly - The Ballad Of Elano De Leone - Somewhere In Time
Townes Van Zandt - Ain't Leavin' Your Love - Together At The Bluebird Café
Guy Clark - Randall Knife - Together At The Bluebird Café
Steve Earle - Tom Ames' Prayer - Together At The Bluebird Café
Sonny Landreth - Old Flame - Levee Town (Bonus Disk)
Maria Muldar & Her Garden Of Joy - Let It Simmer - Good Time Music For Hard Times
Patrick Kavaney & The Last Drags - Spanish Nightmare - Darning Socks For The Apocalypse
The Stagger & Sway - Rubber To The Road - Time Changes
Byan Clark - Midnight Kisses - Gossip Inspiration And Slander
Kris Kristofferson - Closer To The Bone - Closer To The Bone
Dave McGraw & Crow Wing - Westmoreland - Coyotes Came Around
Backyard Tire Fire - Good To Be - Good To Be
Patty Griffin - If I Had My Way - Down Town Church
Emmylou Harris - Old Five And Dimmers Like Me - All I Intended To Be

4pm.
Suzi Ragsdale - Trouble Maker - Less Of The Same
Guy Clark - Dublin Blues - Together At The Bluebird Café
Steve Earle - I Ain't Ever Satisfied - Together At The Bluebird Café
Townes Van Zandt - Pancho & Lefty - Together At The Bluebird Café
Bearfoot - Before I Go - Doors And Windows
John Hiatt & The Goners - Allmost Fed Up With The Blues - Beneath This Gruff Exterior
Late For The Train - Steady At the Wheel - Coming From So Far Away
Matt The Electrician - Permanent Record - Animal Boy
Mark Wehner - Border Town - Wait….I Wasn't Finished
Mark Karan - Annie Don't Lie - Walk Through The Fire
The Statesboro Revue - Little Girl Like You - Different Kind Of Light
Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women - River Under The Road - Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women
Steve Earle - Cooperhead Road - Together At The Bluebird Café

No comments: