Saturday, January 25, 2014

Routes & Branches 1/25/14


My wife was the one who turned me on to Matt Andersen over a year ago when she was searching for versions of "Wagon Wheel" on youtube, but until last night we had never seen him perform. And what a performer he is, an incredible guitarist, getting more out of an acoustic guitar than most of artists I have seen. He also has an amazing vocal range and sings with such feeling. Since I finally have some of his music to play for my listeners, I decided to make him my feature artist for today's show.
 
3pm
Lucinda Williams - Big Red Sun Blues - 25th Anniversary Live May 1989
Matt Andersen - Better Man Blues - Live From The Phoenix Theatre
Matt Andersen - Coal Mining Blues - Coal Mining Blues
Wild Ponies - Things That Used To Shine - The Americana Agency Sampler 2014
Alejandro Escovedo - San Antonio Rain - Big Station
Blackie & The Rodeo Kings - Gotta Stay Young - South
Steve Earle - The Week Of Living Dangerously - Essential Steve Earle
Gerald Smith - To The Grave - Out Standing In My Field
Matt Andersen - I Don't Wanna Give In - Coal Mining Blues
Matt Andersen - I Play The Fool For You - Live From The Phoenix Theatre
Gann Brewer - Moanin' Santa Rosa Jail Blues - Peddlers & Ghosts
Billie Joe & Norah - I'm Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail - Foreverly

4pm
David Bromberg - Nobody's Fault But Mine - Only Slightly Mad
Lindsay Lou & The Flatbelly's - Lemon Squeezy - Release Your Shrouds
Shoebox Letters - There's A Cowboy - Better Times
Susan Cattaneo - Worth The Whiskey - Haunted Heart
The Devil Makes Three - Mr. Midnight - I'm a Stranger Here
Steep Ravine - No.37 - Trampin' On
Yonder Mountain String Band - Stright Line - EP 13
Matt Andersen - Home Sweet Home - Coal Mining Blues
Matt Andersen - If I Can't Have You - Live From The Phoenix Theatre
Ocean Carolina - Drink You Back Again - All The Way Home
Hard Working Americans - Welfare Music - Hard Working Americans
Matt Andersen - Workin' Man Blues - Live From The Phoenix Theatre

No comments: