Saturday, January 11, 2014

Routes & Branches 1/11/14

I started today's show with the Allman Brothers since news this week said that Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes would be leaving the band at the end of the year. This may mean the end of the band since Greg is getting on in years and may not want to continue performing.
I saw a great show by Red Molly last night and had to play their version of Robert Johnson's "Come On Into My Kitchen". They also performed "Coal Tattoo which I first heard on Rich Kirby  and Michael Kline's 1977 June Appal recording "They Can't Put It Back" when I was in high school so I had to dig out the album and play the track today.
I also had the opportunity to see Del Barber perform last week and was very impressed with his songs. I picked up both of his CD's and played a track off each.
The rest of the mix was mostly between new releases and artists coming to our area in the near future.

3pm.
Allman Brothers Band - It's Not My Cross To Bear - SkyDog
Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan & Stark Sands - Five Hundred Miles - Inside Llewyn Davis
Rosanne Cash - A Feather's Not a Bird - The River & The Thread
Red Molly - Come On Into My Kitchen - Light In The Sky
Rich Kirby & Michael Kline - Coal Tattoo - They Can't Put It Back
Shoebox Letters - Anytime - Better Times
Tim Easton - Help Me find My Space Girl - Before The Revolution
Buddy & Julie Miller - Gasoline & Matches - Written In Chalk
Grant Peeples - Things Have Changed - Prior Convictions
Doug Paisley - Radio Girl - Strong Feelings
Del Barber - Country Girl - Prairieography
Del Barber - Right Side Of Wrong - Headwaters
Hot Buttered Rum - Honkytonk Tequila - Limbs Akimbo

4pm
Steep Canyon Rangers - Tell The Ones I Love - Tell The Ones I Love
Mollie O'Brien & Rich Moore - Love Runner - Love Runner
Lindsay Lou & The Flatbelly's - My Side Of The Mountain - Release Your Shrouds
Susan Cattaneo - Worth The Whiskey - Haunted Heart
Merle Haggard & The Strangers - Medley: Swinging Doors, I'm A Lonesome Fugitive, Sing Me Back Home, Branded Man - Okie From Muskogee
Whitey Morgan & The 78's - Turn Up The Bottle - Whitey Morgan & The 78's
Railroad Earth - The Last Of The Outlaws - The Last Of The Outlaws
The California Honeydrops - When It Was Wrong - The California Honeydrops Live
Will Kimbrough - When Your Loving Comes Around - Sideshow Love

No comments: