Saturday, January 18, 2014

Routes & Branches 1/18/14


I have been listening to Lucinda Williams 25th anniversary release of her self titled Rough Trade album and decided to make it my feature disc for today's show. Although this was her 3rd album, this was the first of Williams' albums to make radio air-play and for many of us, myself included, was the first time that we even heard of Williams. Listening back to the whole album again I was surprised as to how many of the tunes I not only recognized but had a strong appreciation for. If I was listening to this album as a new record today, over half of the tracks would be marked to be played on my show and it would be on my 'best of the year' list too.


Artist-Song-Source
3pm
Janis Joplin - Me & Bobby McGee - The Pearl Sessions
Lucinda Williams - I Just Want To See You So Bad - 25th Anniversary
Rosanne Cash - Modern Blue - The River & The Thread
Sugar In The Gourd - Honky Tonkin' - Sugar In The Gourd
Lindsay Lou & The Flatbelly's - Pass Me The Whiskey - Release Your Shrouds
Danny Schmidt -Better Off Broke - Instead The Forest Rose To Sing
Will Kimbrough - Dance Like Grownups Dance - Sideshow Love
Del Barber - The Sparrow And The Crow - Prairieography
Lucinda Williams - Big Red Sun Blues - 25th Anniversary Live May 1989
Reagan Boggs - Come To Me - Quicksand
Shantell Ogden - Looking For My Last - Better At Goodbye
Irene Kelly - Rattlesnake Rattler - Pennsylvania Coal
Oscar Isaac & T Bone Burnett - Hang Me, Oh Hang Me - Inside

4pm
Mollie O'Brien & Rich Moore - Don't Let The Devil Ride - Love Runner
Alejandro Escovedo - Always A Friend - Real Animal
Red Wanting Blue - Walking Shoes - From The Vanishing Point
Lucinda Williams - Nothing In Rambling - 25th Anniversary Live May 1989
The Devil Makes Three - Stranger - I'm A Stranger Here
Hot Buttered Rum - Limbs Akimbo - Limbs Akimbo
Robert Earl Keen - Something That I Do - The Rose Hotel
Hard Working Americans - I Don't Have A Gun - Hard Working Americans
Railroad Earth - One More Night On The Road - The Last Of The Outlaws
Gann Brewer - Dogrunner (Craigslist Ad) - Peddlers & Ghosts
Blackie & The Rodeo Kings - Driftin' Snow - South
Steve Earle - Guitar Town - Essential Steve Earle
Lucinda Williams - The Nights Too Long - 25th Anniversary

No comments: