Saturday, April 9, 2016

Routes & Branches 4/9/16

Portland band Fruition stopped by KRVM this afternoon on their way to a show tonight at the Hi-Fi Music Hall here in Eugene. Their new CD Labor Of Love is all of that, a labor of love, that they took time to produce over the past year. I have been listening to Fruition for several years now and their sound is evolving from  their roots as street musicians playing a lot of folk and bluegrass music to a full band with drums and electric instruments. Some of the songs on the new album are all electric and sound more like a rock band than a bluegrass band. All part of trying to diversify their sound says Jay Anderson. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

On a sadder note; we lost one of my Americana heroes this week with the passing of Merle Haggard. I can remember back in high school listening to Haggard and Jerry Jeff Walker when I was looking for a country sound. I'm glad that I took the opportunity to see Haggard a few years back when he came through Oregon. Merle you will be missed.

3pm
Merle Haggard - I've Seen It Go Away - I Am What I Am
Merle Haggard and the Strangers - Hobo Bill - Okie From Muskogee 
Merle Haggard and the Strangers - Billy Overcame His Size - Okie From Muskogee
Merle Haggard and the Strangers - If I Had Left It Up To You - Okie From Muskogee 
Merle Haggard and the Strangers - White Line Fever - Okie From Muskogee
Merle Haggard and the Strangers - Blue Rock - Okie From Muskogee
Merle Haggard and the Strangers - Okie from Muskogee - Okie From Muskogee
Dave Insley - Call Me If You Ever Change Your Mind - Just The Way That I Am
The Grahams - Kansas City - Glory Bound
Cyndi Lauper - You're The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly - Detour
Merle Haggard - Kern River - Kern River
Merle Haggard - Cocaine Blues - Working In Tennessee
Robert Earl Keen - Daddy Frank - Tulare Dust
Merle Haggard - The Road To My Heart - I Am What I Am
Songs of the Fall - Gypsy Love - Songs of the Fall
4pm
Bumper Jacksons - Coffee Mama - Too Big World
Bumper Jacksons - Red Silk Stockings - Too Big World
Eric Lindell - Indian Summer - Matters Of The Heart
Joe Craven & The Sometimers - Walk A Mile In My Shoes - Blender
Fruition - Labor Of Love - Live In The KRVM Studio  
Fruition - The Meaning - Live In The KRVM Studio  
Fruition - Santa Fe - Labor of Love
Merle Haggard - Ridin' High - Kern River
Lucinda Williams - You Don't Have Very Far To Go - Tulare Dust
Merle Haggard - Down At The End Of The Road - I Am What I Am
Merle Haggard - Working Man's Blues - Working In Tennessee
Merle Haggard - I Am What I Am - I Am What I Am

No comments: