Sunday, February 22, 2015

Routes & Branches 2/21/15

I first of all want to thank all of the listeners who contributed to KRVM during our recent pledge drive. You, truly are the people who keep this great community resource playing the music we all love to hear. Thank You!!!
Last week I ended my show playing a portion of Kind of Bird due to the fact that the song is 18 minuets long and I only had five left in the show. So, this week, after hearing it performed live last Thursday evening, I decided to start my show with it and let the whole track play. Something that is only found on listener supported radio like KRVM.
Doug Seegers performed in Portland last night after my radio show so I was featuring several tracks from his album Going Down To The River. After hearing him live I must say that he is the closest performer to sound like Hank Williams that I have ever seen. It was an enjoyable evening of country music performed as it should be. Barbara Lamb was excellent on the fiddle with just the right accent to Doug's guitar and voice, giving every song the right amount of swing.


Artist-Song-Source
3pm
Gov't Mule - Kind of Bird (Alternate Version) [feat. John Scofield] - Sco-Mule
Doug Seegers - She (feat. Emmylou Harris) - Going Down To the River 
Jorma Kaukonen - Bar Room Crystal Ball - Ain't in No Hurry
Ellis Paul - Kick Out the Lights (Johnny Cash) - Chasing Beauty
Johnny Cash - I'm Movin' On - Out Among The Stars 
Ryan Bingham - Radio - Fear and Saturday Night 
Pretty Gritty - Highway - Pretty Gritty 
James McMurtry - She Loves Me - Complicated Game 
4pm
James McMurtry - Copper Canteen - Complicated Game
Doug Seegers - Going Down to the River - Going Down To the River
Steve Earle - You're the Best Lover That I Ever Had - Terraplane 
Paul Kelly - Smells Like Rain (feat. Linda Bull) - The Merri Soul Sessions 
Susie Fitzgerald - The Hardest March - Restless 
Caroline Spence - Don't Call - Somehow
The Better Halves - For The Birds - All Over the Map 
Darren Hanlon - The Chattanooga Shoot Shoot - Where Did You Come From?
Doug Seegers - Hard Working Man - Going Down To the River
Jim Ed Brown - Am I Still Country? - In Style Again 
Humming House - Nuts, Bolts, And Screws - Revelries 
Doug Seegers - Gotta Catch That Train - Going Down To the River 

No comments: