Saturday, January 3, 2015

Routes & Branches 1/3/15

I continued this week with my recap of the albums I choose for the Freeform American Roots Chart during 2014 . Listening to these albums again is helping me put together my favorites for the end of the year picks for the FAR & Away chart. I will play those albums next week.

3pm
Karen & The Sorrows - Just a Little Heartbreak - The Names of Things
Suzette Lawrence & The Neon Angels - Texas State Line - Tear Up The Honky Tonk
The Mastersons - I Found You - Good Luck Charm
Jim Lauderdale - Doin' Time In Bakersfield - I'm A Song 
John Hiatt - Long Time Comin' - Terms Of My Surrender
Miss Laurie Ann & The SaddleTones - Know - Ease My Mind
Sunny Sweeney - You Don't Know Your Husband - Provoked
Kenny Butterill - Hocus Pocus - Troubadour Tales
Paul Thorn - I Backslide on Friday - Too Blessed To Be Stressed
Curtis McMurtry - Ghost in My Bed - Respectable Enemy
Old Crow Medicine Show - Doc's Day - Remedy
Justin Townes Earle - My Baby Drives - Single Mothers
Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen - Better Days - Cold Spell 
Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives - Talking to the Wall - Saturday Night / Sunday Morning
Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives - That Gospel Music - Saturday Night / Sunday Morning
4pm
Jorma Kaukonen - Leave The Light On - Link of Chain: A Songwriters Tribute to Chris Smither
Melissa Ruth & The Likely Stories - What I got - Riding Mercury
Lucinda Williams - West Memphis - Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone
Katie Garibaldi - Lock the Door, Lose the Key - Follow Your Heart 
Angeleena Presley - Dry County Blues - American Middle Class
Keith Greeninger - Hop in the Truck - Soul Connection
Sarah Levecque - Just You - Beautiful Defeat
Trigger Hippy - Rise Up Singin' - Trigger Hippy
Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn - Railroad - Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn
Marcia Ball - Human Kindness - The Tattooed Lady And The Alligator Man
JP Harris and the Tough Choices - Give a Little Lovin' - Home Is Where the Hurt Is
Peggy Young & The Survivors - Lonely Women Make Good Lovers - Lonely In a Crowded Room
Doug Seegers - Going Down to the River - Going Down To the River

No comments: