Saturday, December 7, 2013

Routes & Branches 12/7/13

Well it seems to happen this time of year, when I'm starting to gather together all of my favorite CDs of the year, that I receive a new release that just catches my ear and immediately competes for a slot in my top ten. This time it's  Kristina Murray's debut CD "Unravelin'". Murray has been compared to Emmy Lou Harris, Tammy Wynette and Patsy Cline so I'm finding myself  liking every track which is unusual for a debut album. So we'll see where she lands in my 'Best Of the Year' list.


Artist-Song-Source

3pm
Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women - Hot Rocks
Nicki Blum & The Gramblers - Little Too Late - Nicki Blum & The Gramblers
The Show Ponies - Whiskey & Wine - We're Not Lost
Kristina Murray - The Year Georgia Ran Dry - Unravelin
Kristina Murray - Half Empty - Unravelin
Will Hoge - Daddy Was a Gambling Man - Never Give In
Brothers Comatose - 120 East - Respect The Van
Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys - Missouri Gal - What A Dream It's Been
Billy Joe & Norah - Roving Gambler - Foreverly
Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks - Savin' My Lovin' - Tangled Tales
Len Chandler & Robert Kaufman - Green Green Rocky Road - Inside Llewyn Davis
Steve Martin & Edie Brickell - When You Get To Ashville - Love Has Come For You
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Whiskey Legs - Made Up Mind

4pm
Beth Lee & The Breakups - One More Time Again - One More Time Again
Donna The Buffalo - Tonight, Tomorrow And Yesterday - Tonight, Tomorrow And Yesterday
Great American Taxi - Olden Days - Paradise Lost
Hard Working Americans - Down To The Well - Down To The Well
I See Hawks I LA - Oklahoma's Going Dry - Mystery Drug
Yonder Mountain String Band - All The Time - EP 13
The Flannel Attractions - Better Part Of Me - The Flannel Attractions
Copper & Coal - The Whole Damn Bottle - Copper & Coal
Fruition - Just One Of Them Nights - Just One Of Them Nights
The Devil Makes Three - Stranger - I'm A Stranger Here
The Howlin' Brothers - Dixie Fried - The Sun Studio Session
Tom Waits - Goin Out West - Glitter & Doom
Misner & Smith - Lost & Found - Seven Hour Storm

No comments: