Saturday, January 19, 2013

Routes & Branches 1/19/13

I'm home alone this week while my wife is visiting family down in Florida. Lucky for her that she was able to catch the Sunshine Blues Festival this afternoon while I was on the air. So for my second hour I mostly played artists that she was seeing. Tedeschi Trucks are playing as I write this blog. Unfortunately the sound does not travel over the phone very well.
I did take a one set break to promote and give tickets away for the upcoming Hot Buttered Rum Show (with Fruition) happening next weekend.
Several new tracks in my first hour including some local folks with the group Co Gro and their CD "Subvert The Dominant Paradigm" and a new Americana style remake of "Sunshine Of Your Love" by George Kilby Jr. I also had new music by Daniel Romano, Max Gomez, Aaron Neville and Roadkill Ghost Choir. Daniel Romano reminds me of Gram Parsons so I opened the show with him. Steve Earle celebrated another trip around the sun this week so I had to play his version of Hank Williams "I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive". Birthday congrats also go out to T-Bone Burnett who produced and played on that CD of Earle's, and to Aaron Neville who will be 72 this week.

3pm
Gram Parsons - Return Of The Grievous Angel - Grievous Angel
Daniel Romano - Middle Child - Come Cry With Me
Steve Earle - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Max Gomez - Love Will Find A Way - Rule The World
Aaron Neville - Under The Boardwalk - My True Story
Rick Hornyak - Cigarettes - Marigold
Wynn Taylor & The Working Poor - Blood On The Road - Wynn Taylor & The Working Poor
George Kilby Jr. - Sunshine Of Your Love - Six Pack
Co Gro - Subvert The Dominant Paradigm - Subvert The Dominant Paradigm
Co Gro - Kali's Tune - Subvert The Dominant Paradigm
Roadkill Ghost Choir - Beggars Guild - Quiet Light
Wilco - Via Chicago - Kicking Television
4pm
Sonny Landreth - Levee Town - Levee Town
Sonny Landreth - Congo Square - Grant Street
Dr John - Goin' Back To New Orleans - The Very Best Of Dr. John
Hot Buttered Rum - Loretta - Live In The Sierra
Fruition - Big Sky - It Won't Be Long
Hot Buttered Rum - Ramblin' Girl - Live In The Sierra
The Wood Brothers - Shoofly Pie - Smoke Ring Halo
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Everybody's Talkin' - Everybody's Talkin'
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Darling Be Home Soon - Everybody's Talkin'

No comments: