Saturday, January 12, 2013

Routes & Branches 1/12/13

I'm celebrating my 5th anniversary with KRVM so I brought in a few of the old tunes that I listened to in my youth to mix with some of the music I have enjoyed playing on the show these past few years. I started and ended with Robert Earl Keen since he was our birthday boy for the week. I have always enjoyed a Robert Earl Keen show.  He is a great story teller as well as a good song writer.
I played a Jon Sundell tune because he was instrumental early in my personal journey through the music I play today on Routes and Branches. Jon was my high school humanities/music teacher who took me to meet people like John McCutcheon, The Carter Family's homestead and to June Apple Recording Studios where he recorded his album " The Eagle and The Sparrow". I also played several of my old favorites from Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Earle, JJ Cale, David Bromberg, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Charlie Daniels Band most of which was on vynal. Along with the old, I also played some of my newer favorites like Railroad Earth, Ray LaMontagne, Jason Isbell, Drive By Truckers, Chris Robinson Brotherhood and Dave Alvin. It was a fun show!!



3pm
Robert Earl Keen - Gringo Honeymoon - Live at The Ryman
Jon Sundell - I've Been all Around This World - The Eagle And The Sparrow
Jerry Jeff Walker - It's A Good Night For Singing - The Ultimate collection
Steve Earle - Copperhead Road - Essential Steve Earle
Loudon Wainwright III - Older Than My Old Man - Older Than My Old Man
Guy Clark - The Guitar - Somedays The Song Writes You
JJ Cale - Anyway The Wind Blows - Okie
David Bromberg - Ride On Out A Ways - Use Me
Railroad Earth - Colorado - Elko
Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs - Henry Nearly Killed Me - Live  Fall 2010
James McMurtry - Lobo Town -  Saint Mary Of The Woods
4pm
New Riders Of The Purple Sage - Shake That Thing - 17 Pine Avenue
Lynyrd Skynyrd - T For Texas - One More From The Road
Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit - Cigarettes & Wine - Live From Alabama
Charlie Daniels Band - Rainbow Ride - Million Mile Reflections
Drive By Truckers - The Righteous Path - Brighter Than Creations Dark
Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Little Lizzie Mae - The Magic Door
Dave Alvin - Murrietta's Head - Eleven Eleven
 Robert Earl Keen - The Road Goes On Forever - The Party Never Ends

No comments: