Saturday, September 29, 2012

Routes & Branches 9/29/12

I have been looking forward to listening to the new John Hiatt CD ever since I saw it on our station list. Somewhere along the way it went missing and it wasn't until I picked up a copy this week when it went on sale that I had a chance to listen to the whole disc. Since Hiatt is one of my favorite songwritters I like several of the tracks on this new album, some of which I played today. The other disc I picked up this week since I hadn't seen a copy of it at the station was Corb Lund's new CD "Cabin Fever". I heard the song " Bible On The Dash " last week while driving my wife's car and I had to have the CD. Lund is at the top of his career with this CD, excellent tunes from start to finish.

I also featured a couple of the "London" tracks from the up coming "Wayne Drury Project". The London Tracks were recorded last year by Rob Anderson (Drury's former band mate) along with several other musicians that Anderson has played with. Tracks from these London performances are going to be released on CD this fall. Anderson is travelling back to Eugene this fall and will be performing with a local group of musicians who are learning Drury's songs for a couple of performances in early November.

 
Artist-Song-Source
3pm
John Hiatt - My Business - Mystic Pinball
Corb Lund - Dig Gravedigger Dig - Cabin Fever
Todd Snider - Brenda - Agnostic Hymns & Stoner Fables
Chuck Prophet - The Left Hand & The Right Hand - Temple Beautiful
Merchants Of Moonshine - Back Porch - More Than Whiskey
The Time Jumpers - Texas On A Saturday Night - The Time Jumpers
Halden Wofford & The Hi-Beams - All Along The Warch Tower - Live At Hodi's
The Stone Coyotes Red Letter Day - A Wild Bird Flying
John Hiatt - It All Comes Back Someday - Mystic Pinball
Dwight Yoakam - Dim Lights, Thick Smoke - 3 Pears
Ryan Bingham - Too Deep To Fill - Tomorrowland
Billy Don Burns - It Would Kill Mama - Nights When I'm Sober… Portrait Of A Honky Tonk Singer
4pm
The Wayne Drury Project - Last Cowboy In Paris - The Wayne Drury Project: London Tracks
The Wayne Drury Project - Coyote - The Wayne Drury Project: London Tracks
Tif Ginn - Better Half - Tif Ginn
Zoe Muth And The Lost High Rollers - Walking The Line - Old Gold
The Mother Truckers - Let's All Go To Bed - Let's All Go To Bed
Corb Lund - Bible On The Dash - Cabin Fever
Dan Weber - Hank & Jesus - Ash And Bone
John Fullbright - Satan And St. Paul - From The Ground Up
Jimmy Lafave - Land Of Hope And Dreams - Depending On The Distance
Dave Alvin with Christy McWilson - Manzanita - Eleven Eleven
Patterson Hood - Heat Lightning Rumbles In The Distance - Heat Lightning Rumbles In The Distance
John Hiatt - Give It Up - Mystic Pinball

No comments: