Saturday, September 15, 2012

Routes & Branches 9/15/12

My first hour this week was a musical recap of the Americana Awards winners for this year starting with a first set of music all from the Album of the Year winner  "This One's For Him (A Tribute To Guy Clark)".
With Hank Williams Senor's birthday coming in the next couple of days I started my second hour with a set of his music by him, Hank Jr. and Hank III. I also threw in Steve Earle's version of " I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive".
Other notables in today's list include new music from Patterson Hood, Ryan Bingham, John Hiatt, and Shoebox Letters.

Artist-Song-Source
3pm
Rodney Crowell - That Old Time Feeling - This One's For Him
Joe Ely - Dublin Blues - This One's For Him
Ray Willie Hubbard - Home Grown Tomatoes - This One's For Him
Kris Kristofferson - Hemingway's Whiskey - This One's For Him
Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit - Alabama Pines - Here We Rest
The Cival Wars - My Father's Father - Barton Hollow
Gillian Welch - The Way It Goes - The Harrow & The Harvest
Alabama Shakes - Hold On - Boys & Girls
Bonie Raitt - Take My Love With You - Slipstream
Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning - Live 2008
Patterson Hood - (Untold Pretties) - Heat Lightning Rumbles In The Distance
Dangermuffin - Homestead - Olly Oxen Free
4pm
Hank Williams - Honky Tonkin' - Long Gone Daddy
Hank Williams - My Bucket's Got A Hole In It - Long Gone Daddy
Hank Williams Jr. - If The Good Lord's Willin' (And the Creeks Don't Rise) - Almeria Club
Hank Williams III - I'm A Long Gone Daddy - Long Gone Daddy
Steve Earle - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
The Flatlanders - Down In My Hometown - The Odessa Tapes
Yarn - The Loner - Almost Home
Ryan Bingham - Beg For Broken Legs - Tomorrowland
Seven Handle Circus - Alabama Line - Whiskey Stills & Sleeping Pills
Shoebox Letters - Heart Beat Backwards - Nowadays
John Hiatt - We're Alright Now - Mystic Pinball
Paul Thorn - Shelter Me Lord - What The Hell Is Going On?
The Time Jumpers - Texas On A Saturday Night - The Time Jumpers
Jimmy Lafave - Red Dirt Night - Depending On The Distance

No comments: