Sunday, December 4, 2011

Routes and Branches Play List 12/03/11

This week's show was mostly influenced by the announcement of the Grammy nominations this week. There were 4 main categories, Best Americana Album, Best Folk Album, Best Bluegrass Album and Best Blues Album, which I found albums in my collection. What surprised me was that I had all five nominees in the Blues category while all I had in the Americana and Folk groups was 3 of the 5. The only album to catch my attention in the Rock Album category was Wilco's new one "The Whole Love" and I was surprised to see the Decemberists nominated for Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance for their song "Down By The Water". I never really thought they were rock, but everyone wants to be called rock because that sells better than Americana.


3pm
The Flying Burrito Brothers - Juanita - The Definitive Collection
The Flying Burrito Brothers - Wheels - The Definitive Collection
John Lilly - Done, Done It - Cold Comfort
Lydia Loveless - Steve Earle - Indestructible Machine
Steve Earle - Waitin' On The Sky - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Gillian Welch - The Way It Goes - The Harrow & The Harvest
The Decemberists - Down By The Water - The King Is Dead
Wilco - I Might - The Whole Love
The Kenneth Brian Band - Holdin' On - Welcome To Alabama
Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit - Go It Alone - Here We Rest
Drive By Truckers - Carl Perkins Cadillac - Ugly Buildings, Whores & Politicians
Zoe Muth and The Lost High Rollers - Let's Just Be Friends Tonight - Starlight Hotel
Pert Near Sandstone - Give The Fiddler A Dram - Out On A Spree

4pm
Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers - Go Away, Stop, Turn Around, Come Back - Rare Bird Alert
Alison Krauss & Union Station - My Love Follows You Where You go - Paper Airplane
Emmylou Harris - Hard Bargain - Hard Bargain
Lucinda Williams - Seeing Black - Blessed
Ry Cooder - No Banker Left Behind - Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down
Halden Wofford & The Hi Beams - Pill Poppin' Country Weirdo - Sinners & Saints
Charlie Daniels Band - Uneasy Rider - The Ultimate CDB
Marcia Ball - That's How It Goes - Roadside Attractions
Keb Mo - Just Lookin' - The Reflection
Warren Haynes - Everyday Will Be Like A Holiday - Man In Motion
Gregg Allman - I Can't Be Satisfied - Low Country Blues
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Love Has Something Else To Say - Revelator

No comments: