Saturday, May 7, 2011

Routes and Branches Play List 05/07/11

One of my all time favorite and most respected Americana artists Pete Seeger turn 92 this week. My earliest memory of seeing anyone perform live is of a Pete Seeger concert that my parents took me to when I was 6. Ever since I have enjoyed folk music along with many other types of music. I'm not the only American that Seeger has inspired with his music and at 92 he contiues to inspire me.
Thank you Pete!!

Artist-Song-Source

3pm
Hot Tuna - Angel Of Darkness - Steady As She Goes
Brown Bird - Danger And Dread - The Devil Dancing
The Crow Quill Night Owls - Wake Up Sinners - Snake Liquor
Pete Seeger - Summertime - American Favorite Ballads #4
Pete Seeger - Banks Of The Ohio - American Favorite Ballads #4
David Bromberg - It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry - Try Me One More time
Townes Van Zandt - Waitin' For The Day - In the Beginning
Billy Brag & Wilco - Walt Whitman's Niece - Mermaid Avenue
Shawn Mullins - Light You Up - Light You Up
Drive By Truckers - Used To Be A Cop - Go-Go Boots
Steve Earle - Meet Me In The Alleyway - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive

4pm
Hayes Carll - Another Like You - KMAG YO YO
The Von Ehrics - Down The Road Tonight - Two Foot Stomp
The Von Ehrics - Texas (When I Die) - Two Foot Stomp
Bradley Winfield Parker - Road To Adventure - Done Turned On
The Whopner County Country Allstars - I'll Be With You Tonight - It's Too Loud!
The Asylum Street Spankers - Asylum Street Blues - What? And Give Up Show Biz
Sassparilla - Devil - Ramshackle
The Felice Brothers - Ponzi - Celebration, Florida
Rod Picott - Welding Burns - Welding Burns
Chris Chandler & Paul Benoit - So, Where Ya Headed?/Pancho And Lefty - So, Where Ya Headed?
John Hiatt - Like A Freight Train - The Open Road
Jackson Brown & David Lindley - Mercury Blues - Love Is Strange

No comments: