Saturday, November 13, 2010

Routes and Branches Play List 11/13/10

I had several calls this week when I played "Evangeline" by the band 7 Walkers including one from CD World asking about it for a listener/customer who was wanting buy it. Now if that is not the power of community radio like KRVM, I don't know what is.
7 Walkers is a fairly new band with an all star line-up including Bill Kreutzman, Papa Mali, Matt Hubbard and George Porter Jr. Most of the songs on the self-titled CD were co-written by Robert Hunter and Papa Mali. It is a great mix of Bay area rock and New Orleans Funk. It is what Kreutzman calls "Swampadelic."

We also played a couple of artists who had major birthdays this week. Susan Tedeschi turn 40 this past Tuesday and Neil Young turned 65 on Friday. Neil Young's new CD "Le Noise" is growing on me. I must say that the first time that I listened to it I felt like it was mostly a bunch of guitar noise. But as I've had time to check it out more cut by cut I find that I do like a couple of the more "folk song" sounding cuts like "Love and War" and "Peaceful Valley Boulevard."


Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
James McMurtry - Too Long In The Waste Land - Too Long In The Waste Land
Kevin Brown - Medicine Bow - The County Primaries
Railroad Earth - Black Elk Speaks - Railroad Earth
7 Walkers - Evangeline - 7 Walkers
Jimmy Baldwin - Dust Devil - Vivador
The Derek Trucks Band w/Susan Tedeschi - Back Where I Started - Already Free
Eric Clapton - That's No Way To Get Along - Clapton
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - Danger - The Road To Escondido
Robert Plant - Falling In Love Again - Band Of Joy
Chuck Cannon - Money Don't Matter - Love And Money

4pm.
Neil Young - Hank To Hendrix - Dreamin' Man Live '92
Neil Young - Peaceful Valley Boulevard - Le Noise
Sara Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion - Never Too Far From My Heart - Bright Examples
Jerry Jeff Walker - It's A Good Nigh For Singing - Ultimate Collection
Jessica Shepherd - Honky Tonk Angel - You're Country Now
Great American Taxi - Good Night To Boogie - Reckless Habits
Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs - Devil's In The Jukebox - God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise
Black Crowes - Girl From A Pawn Shop - Croweology
Tom Waits - Going Out West - Glitter and Doom Live
Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues - Harlem River Blues
Jimmy Lafave - Hideaway Girl - Cimarron Manifesto

No comments: