Saturday, September 4, 2010

Routes and Branches Play List 09/04/10

Inspiration for this week's show came from 3 sources; The Americana Music Association's upcoming awards, The Sister's Folk Festival and Labor Day. Last year I played a whole show of labor day oriented songs. This year I had to narrow it down to a couple of sets.

The Sister's Folk Festival next weekend has a great line-up on the schedule. I tried to pick out my favorites which I have played on past shows. That way I left plenty of artists for Karen to play on Acoustic Junction which follows my show.

If I could go to any and every Americana event or festival that I wanted to, I would be going to Nashville this week for the Americana Music Association's Music Festival. I started off the show with 3 of the 4 songs which are nominated for "Song of the year". Yes, I played both Ray Willie Hubbard's and Hayes Carll's versions of Drunken Poets Dream. They wrote the song together but it is Hubbard's version that is up for song of the year. I first heard it when Hayes Carll played it at Sam Bond's Garage and ever since I've had a preference for the way he does it. I hope that they play it together for the awards show.
Look for me to feature the winners on next week's show.


Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Ryan Bingham - The Weary Kind - Crazy Heart
Ray Willie Hubbard - Drunken Poet's Dream - A. Enlightenment B. Endarkenment (Hint There Is No C)
Hayes Carll - Drunken Poet's Dream - Trouble In Mind
Dave Rawlings Machine - Ruby - A Friend Of A Friend
Little Feat - Willin' - Sailin' Shoes
Merle Haggard - Workin' Man's Blues - Hag: The Best of Merle Haggard
Marty Stuart - Hard Working Man - Ghost Train (The Studio B Sessions)
Dave Insley - God Loves The Working Man - Here With You Tonight
Ryan Bingham - Hard Times - Mescalito
Hank Williams III - Workin' Man - Damn Right Rebel Proud
Blue Rodeo - One More Night - The Things We Left Behind
Bobby Bare Jr. - Don't Go To Chattanooga - A Storm-A Tree-My Mother's Head
The Stagger & Sway - Stagger & Sway - Time Changes

4pm.
Sideroads - Spirit Highway - Destinations
Slaid Cleaves - Hard To Believe - Everything You Love Will Be Taken Away
Eilen Jewel - I'm A Honky Tonk Girl - Butcher Holler (A Tribute To Loretta Lynn)
Eilen Jewel - Don't Come Home A Drinkin' (With Lovin' On Your Mind) - Butcher Holler (A Tribute To Loretta Lynn)
Hot Club Of Cow Town - One Step Closer - Wishfull Thinking
Betty Soo - Never Knew No Love - Heat Sin Water Skin
One Horse Shy - Old Muddy River - Better Life
Ray Willie Hubbard - Down Home Country Blues - A. Elightenment B. Endarkenment (Hint There Is No C)
Will Kimbrough - Eden Prairie - EP
Steve Earle - Pancho & Lefty - Townes
Corb Lund - A Game In Town Like This - Losin' Lately Gambler
Patty Griffin - Move Up - Down Town Church
Rosanne Cash - Long Black Veil - The List
Railroad Earth - Mighty River - Elko

No comments: