Sunday, May 9, 2010

Routes and Branches Play List 05/08/10

Merle Haggard did perform this past Monday at the Hult Center. It was a great show featuring many old classics and a few songs off his new album at the end of his show.
At this point in his life I think the title track of his new album I am What I am describes him the best. Since Sunday is Mother's Day this week I had to close my show with Haggard's Classic Mama Tried.

This week's show also had Gavin Wahl-Stephens and The New Americans in to the station to play a couple of songs live for us including an as yet unrecorded song entitled Overdraft Protection . Wahl-Stephens and The New Americans have a great northwest feel to their mix of Americana/Rock. Gavin's song writing is strong and he is backed up by the excellent musicianship of The New Americans. I'm sure that we will be listening to more of their music in the future.


Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Merle Haggard - I Am What I Am - I Am What I Am
Colin Farrell & Jeff Bridges - Fallin' & Flyin'- Crazy Heart
Reckless Kelly - I Hold The Bottle, You Hold The Wheel - Somewhere In Time
The Whopner County Country Allstars - Another Time, Another Place - 7-10 Split
Deadstring Brothers - Adalee - Sao Paulo
Kasey Anderson - Sooner Or Later - Nowhere Nights
Diana Catherine & The Thrusty Tweeters - Travelin' Man - The Spirit Ranch
Son Volt - Jukebox Of Steel - American Central Dust
Drive By Truckers - Drag The Lake Charlie - The Big To-Do
Dereck Trucks Band - Down In The Flood - Already Free
Mark Karan - Walk Through The Fire - Walk Through The Fire
Levon Helm - Kingfish - Electric Dirt
Bow Thayer w/ Levon Helm - Got My Attention - Spend It All
Sonny Landreth - Broken Hearted Road - Levee Town

4pm.
Gavin Wahl-Stephens & The New Americans - Good Thing - Live @ KRVM
Gavin Wahl-Stephens & The New Americans - Overdraft Protection - Live @ KRVM
Gavin Wahl-Stephens & The New Americans - Ballad Of The Yes Man - No Keys/No Gold
Cross Canadian Ragweed - To Find My Love - Happiness And All The Other Things
Griffin House - She Likes Girls - The Learner
Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks - Savin' My Lovin' - Tangled Tales
Assembly Of Dust W/ Jerry Douglas & Alison Krauss - Leadbelly - Some Assembly Required
Corb Lund - A Game In A Town Like This - Losin' Lately Gambler
Lincoln Durham - Living This Hard - EP
Merle Haggard - Mama Tried - Hag: The Best Of Merle Haggard

No comments: