Sunday, May 2, 2010

Routes and Branches Play List 05/01/10

I saw some great music this past week. It started with the Lewi Longmire band at Sam Bond's garage last Saturday night. Lewi and the band were in fine form and started the show with his tune "When Your Time Comes A-Callin'" so I started my show this week with the same tune.

Merle Haggard was suppose to play in town last Wednesday evening but had to postpone the show till Monday. I'm still looking forward to seeing him and I hope that this little bit of rest has helped him recover.

Arlo Guthrie has had his family out on tour since the fall and came through Corvallis this past week. They have an wonderful family oriented show which even has the youngest in the family on stage. Arlo is at his best as the story telling grandfather offering great tales of his father and his own experiences throughout the evening.

This show also had a set of Willie Nelson and Lyle Lovett music in it since I was giving away tickets for their shows here in Eugene this summer. We also want to wish Willie a Happy birthday.



Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Lewi Longmire - When Your Time Comes A-Callin'- If I Live To Be 100
Arlo Guthrie - Road To Everywhere - Tales Of '69
Michael Johnathon - Ballad Of Bojangles - Ravenwood
Eric Bibb - Booker's Guitar - Booker's Guitar
Guy Clark - The Guitar - Somedays The Song Writes You
Jim Lauderdale - Alligator Alley - Patchwork River
New Riders Of The Purple Sage - Them Old Minglewood Blues - Where I Come From
Cherryholmes IV - The Harder I Fall - Common Threads
Willie Nelson - Whiskey River - Stars & Guitars
Willie Nelson - Sunday Morning Coming Down - Naked Willie
Nelson, Haggard & Price - Pick Me Up ON Your Way Down - Last Of A Breed
Merle Haggard - The Road To My Heart - I Am What I Am
Steve Earle - Delta Mama Blues - Townes

4pm.
Allison Moorer - The Broken Girl - Crowes
Mary Chapin Carpenter - I Put My Ring Back On - The Age Of Miracles
Elizabeth Cook - El Camino - Welder
Christine Ohlman & Rebel Montez - Love You Right - The Deep End
Buddy & Julie Miller - Gasoline And Matches - Written In Chalk
Patty Griffin - If I Had My Way - Downtown Church
Ray Wylie Hubbard - Whoop And Hollar - A. Enlightenment, B. Endarkenment (Hint: There Is No C)
Elliot Randall & The Deadmen - Good Love - Caffeine & Gasoline
Jacob Dylan - We don't Live Here Anymore - Women & Country
The Sadies - Tell Her What I Said - Darker Circles
Lyle Lovett - My Baby Don't Tolerate - My Baby Don't Tolerate
Lyle Lovett - Natural Forces - Natural Forces
Band Of Horses - Laredo - Infinite Arms
The Whopner County Country Allstars - The Whiskey Wins Again - 7-10 Split
Lewi Longmire - Baby Would you Take Me Home - Fire 'Neath The Still

No comments: