Sunday, February 14, 2010

Routes and Branches Play List 02/13/10

With James McMurtry coming back to Eugene next week, I had the opportunity to talk with him on the phone this past week. Our conversation included highlights about recording his Live In Europe album, performing on Michael Nesmith's Videoranch and what songs that he is enjoying playing right now. I mixed this conversation in with his music during the second hour of my show.

Following the McMurtry set I played a set featuring tunes from the Crazy Heart soundtrack. The movie has finally come to Eugene and I'm looking forward to seeing it this afternoon.

Shotgun Majors will be filling in for me while my wife and I join John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, Robert Earl Keen, Buddy Miller, along with many other artists on the 2010 Cayamo Cruise to Belize and Mexico. "Party Time"

Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
The Drive By Truckers - Feb. 14 - A Blessing and A Curse
Dave Rawlings Machine - Sweet Tooth - A Friend Of A Friend
Grandpa Elliott - Sugar Is Sweet - Sugar Sweet
Dereck Trucks Band - Our Love - Already Free
Carrie Rodriguez - Got Your Name On It - Live In Louisville
Los Lonely Boys - Loving You Always - Forgiven
Will Kimbrough - Big Big Love - Wings
Emmitt Nershi Band - Mango Tango - New Country Blues
Emmylou Harris - Beyond The Great Divide - All I Intended To Be
Lyle Lovett - Pantry (Acoustic)- Natural Forces
John Hiatt - Let's Give This Love A Try - Same Old Man
Buddy And Julie Miller - Ellis County - Written In Chalk

4pm.
James McMurtry - Hurricane Party - Live In Europe
James McMurtry - Lobo Town - Saint Mary Of The Woods
James McMurtry - Bayou Tortous - Just Us Kids
Ryan Bingham - The Weary Kind - Crazy Heart
Townes Van Zandt - If I Needed You - Crazy Heart
Jeff Bridges - Somebody Else - Crazy Heart
Richard Thompson - Dad's Gonna Kill Me - Sweet Warrior
Hayes Carll - A Lover Like You - Trouble In Mind

1 comment:

Blake Phillips said...

Great interview Tim! I'm hoping that I'll get to see McMurtry's show.
We saw the 2:20pm show of Crazy Heart today. Jeff Bridges did one hell of a job. I loved it. My wife... well, let's just call her "undecided." I'll be picking up the soundtrack tomorrow!