Sunday, August 23, 2009

Routes and Branches Play List 08/22/09

Back on June 20th I wrote about a new CD by Mark Karan called "Walk Through The Fire". It has a great version of "Easy Wind" on it and that is what I had played on my show that week. At that time I didn't know that Mark has been playing with Rat Dog for the past 11 years. This week Shotgun Majors helped me put all of the pieces together when he mentioned Mark on his show Tupelo Honey (see:www.krvmtupelohoney.blogspot.com/). This had me listening to Mark's album all over again.
Then I asked Ed K. about getting some Rat Dog cuts to play and he told me about talking with Mark on the phone this week and that I could use some of their conversation on my show. I learned more about Mark from that conversation and my thanks go out to Ed for letting me share it with my listeners.
I also started each hour of this week's show with Jackie Greene. He opened the show for Rat Dog last night performing many tracks from his CD "Giving Up The Ghost" which came out last year.
We have a lot of great artists coming to our neck of the woods in the coming weeks.

Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Jackie Green - Uphill Mountain - Giving Up The Ghost
Mark Karan - Walk Through The Fire - Walk Through The Fire
Mark Karan - Annie Don't Lie - Walk Through The Fire
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Rich Woman - Raising Sand
Lewi Longmire - One Thing At A Time - Fire 'Neath The Still
Ryan Bingham - Hard Times - Mescalito
The Bridge - Old White Lighting 95 - Blind Man's Hill
Sonny Landreth - Old Flame - Levee Town
The Iguanas - If You Should Ever Fall On Hard Times - If You Should Ever Fall On Hard Times
Poor Man's Whiskey - Mexico - Roadside Attraction
Houston Marchman - Long Gone - Long Gone

4pm.
Jackie Green - Like A Ball And Chain - Giving Up The Ghost
Bob Weir & Rat Dog - Me And My Uncle - Live- Roseland Theatre 2/16/07
Mark Karan - Leave A Light On Tonight - Walk Through The Fire
Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women - Boss Of The Blues - Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women
Jorma Kaukonen - Trouble In Mind - River Of Time
Fred Eaglesmith - Sweet Corn - Tinderbox
JJ Cale - Roll On - Roll On
Mark Karan - Easy Wind - Walk Through The Fire
Bob Weir & Rat Dog - Catfish John - Live- Cuthbert Amphitheater 6/20/08
Paul Burch - Saving All My Saturday Nights - Still Your Man

No comments: