Saturday, June 20, 2009

Routes and Branches Play List 06/20/09

Happy Solstice.
A few new adds to the play list this week. Nancy Griffith has a new CD called The Loving Kind with several great songs on it. "Cotton's All We Got" is about her grandfather's garden. She has a great way of telling stories about real people in her songs.

Another new CD that I really liked this week is the one from Mark Karan. I really don't know much about him, but I really liked his new CD Walk Through The Fire. He does a version of Easy Wind that I think even Pigpen would enjoy.

Finally, I had to start and end the show with Lewi Longmire. Not a new CD, but I was recently introduced to Lewi's music and then yesterday I heard that he was playing in town tonight.

Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Lewi Longmire - When Your Time Comes Callin' - If I Live To Be 100
Nancy Griffith - Cotton's All We Got - The Loving Kind
Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson - Sweetest Waste Of Time - Rattlin' Bones
Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women - Weight Of the World - Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women
Eilen Jewell - Shakin' All Over - Sea Of Tears
Cindy Kalmenson - I'm Not Leaving - I'm Not Leaving
John Hiat - On With You - Same Old Man
JJ Cale - Roll On - Roll On
Mark Karan - Easy Wind - Walk Through The Fire
Railroad Earth - Waggin' The Dog - Amen Corner
Larry Keel & Natural Bridge - Bluegrass In The Backwoods - Backwoods
The Whopner County Country Allstars - City Limits - It's Too Loud!
Sonny Landreth - Howlin' Moon - From The Reach

4pm.
James McMurtry - The Governor - Just Us Kids
Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses - Dylan's Hard Rain - Roadhouse Sun
Son Volt - Dynamite - American Central Dust
Slaid Cleaves - Dylan's Hard Rain - Everything You Love Will Be Taken Away
Hayes Carll - Bad Liver And A Broken Heart - Trouble In Mind
The Bridge - Honey Bee - Blind Man's Hill
Chuckanut Drive - Ballad Of Becky & Bobby - Fidelity Grange
New Riders Of The Purple Sage - Them Old Minglewood Blues - Where I Come From
Yonder Mountain String Band - Kentucky Mandolin - Mountain Tracks Vol. 5
The Flatlanders - Borderless Love - Hills And Valleys
The Derek Trucks Band - Our Love - Already Free
Lewi Longmire - Find Me A Woman - If I Live To Be 100

No comments: