Saturday, March 15, 2008

Routes and Branches Play list 3/15/08

Tim Little
3-5pm

This week I am visiting some of my Southern Routes with the music I played.
Some people may think that I was a little off the "Americana" path by playing such bands as the B52's and Widespread Panic on my show. But, both of these bands have roots in Athens, Georgia and that was the branch that I was taking. The songs that I chose fit the the southern theme of the show.

Athens is a hot spot for creating great southern rock bands. I started the second set off with the Drive By Truckers who also have roots in Athens. From there we begin to wader around the south to Mississsippi and Texas with bands like The Subdudes and the Mother Truckers.

In the second hour I give a "Little" Americana nod to St. Patricks Day with a set that includes Rodney Crowell's "Glasgow Girl" (I know, Glasgow is in Scottland not Ireland), Casey Neil's new album "Brooklin Bridge, and Billy Bragg's new single "I keep Faith".

Anyway, If you are reading this blog, you may have heard this show or others on Eugene's best community radio station KRVM 91.9 Fm. I feel very fortunate to be able to bring this music to my listeners. If you would like to help support KRVM, Please check out our web site at krvm.org.

Artist/Song
3:00
Allman Brothers Band, No One To Run With
Delta Moon, Goin' Down South
B52's, Dry County
Widespread Panic, Don't Tell The Band
Drive By Truckers, Gravity's Gone
Charlie Daniels Band, Right Now Tennessee Blues
Moses Guest, Saint Mo
North Mississippi Allstars, Mississippi Boll Weevil
John Fogerty, Natural Thing
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton, Heads in Georgia
The Subdudes, Social Aid and Pleasure Club
Mother Truckers, Nothing There

4:00
Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, South Texas Girl
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Lovin' On The Side
David Bromberg, The Joke's On Me
The Waybacks, Nice to Be Alone
Rodney Crowell, Glasgow Girl
Casey Neil, Beautiful Night
Billy Bragg, I Keep The Faith
Derek Trucks Band, Soul Serenade/Rasta Man Chant
Luther Wright & the Wrongs, Goodbye Blue Sky
Randy Kaplan, I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
Robert Earl Keen, Feelin' Good Again
Oakhurst, Down The Lane
Demolition String Band, Baby Come Home

No comments: