Saturday, August 22, 2015

Routes & Branches 8/22/15

Steve Earle and his Dukes are coming to Eugene this week. So, in anticipation of the show I brought my entire Steve Earle collection to the station today. I have been a Steve Earle fan for as long as I can remember. I enjoy his songs and his stories. When I get the chance I even enjoy his radio show.
Today I enjoyed reading the April Mother Jones interview with Steve http://www.motherjones.com/media/2015/04/steve-earle-interview-terraplane-tour in which he talks about playing with other musicians in a circle and it's his turn to play. That is when it matters. So, I decided to begin the show with a set of tunes from the album "Together At The Bluebird Café" in which Steve shares the stage with his mentors Guy Clark and Townes Van Zandt.
My second Earle set focused mostly on his Copperhead Road album which was my first in a long collection. In the second hour played a couple of Earle's albums that don't get much time on the air "Transcendental Blues" and "Jerusalem" finishing the show with some tunes from his more recent albums including this year's "Terraplane".


Artist-Song-Source
3pm
Steve Earle - Guitar Town - Essential Steve Earle
Townes Van Zandt - A Song For - Together At The Bluebird Café 
Guy Clark - Dublin Blues - Together At The Bluebird Cafe
Steve Earle - I Ain't Ever Satisfied - Together At The Bluebird Cafe
Marcia Ball - Like There's No Tomorrow - The Tattooed Lady And The Alligator Man
Little Feat - Old Folks Boogie - Time Loves a Hero 
Doctor G & the Mudcats - Swampy Tonk Blues - Swampy Tonk Blues
Steve Earle - Snake Oil - Copperhead Road
Steve Earle - Feel Alright - I Feel Alright 
Steve Earle - Copperhead Road - Copperhead Road
Steve Earle - The Devil's Right Hand - Copperhead Road
Langhorne Slim & The Law - Strangers - The Spirit Moves
Cornmeal - I'll Be Looking At You - Slow Street
4pm
Warren Haynes Feat. Railroad Earth - Stranded In Self Pity - Ashes and Dust 
Steve Earle - The Galway Girl - Transcendental Blues
Steve Earle - Ashes To Ashes - Jerusalem
Steve Earle - Transcendental Blues - Transcendental Blues
Steve Earle - Jerusalem - Jerusalem
Brian Cutean - Next Big Thing - The Sound Of Photosynthesis
Jimmie Dale Gilmore - Ramblin' Man - One Endless Night
Jack Tempchin - Ain't Nobody Like You - Learning To Dance
Neil Young & Promise Of The Real - A New Day For Love - The Monsanto Years 
The Mastersons - The Other Shoe - Birds Fly South
Steve Earle & The Dukes - Baby's Just As Mean As Me (feat. Eleanor Whitmore) - Terraplane
Steve Earle - Down Here Below - Washington Square Serenade
Steve Earle & The Dukes (& Duchesses) - That All You Got? - The Low Highway 
 Steve Earle & The Dukes - Baby Baby Baby (Baby) - Terraplane

No comments: