Saturday, April 27, 2013

Routes & Branches 4/27/13

I started today's show with a tune by George Jones who passed away yesterday. I was not a big Jones fan growing up, but as I have programed this radio show I realized what an influence he was on so many of the artists I do play, so I had to get a greatest hits CD when I saw it in the sale bin at my local record shop. For those who are  not familiar with KRVM, we have another show on Saturday mornings called 'Country Clasics' hosted by my good friend Johnny Ethridge who had a great show this morning featuring Jones' music.

So, with Willie Nelson celebrating his 80th trip around the sun this week I decided to honor him as the feature artist of my show. Willie is one of the musicians I grew up listening to and I still admire today. I have enjoyed his shows every time he has stopped here in Eugene. He is so supportive of younger musicians and family. Listening to his most recent CD, I was most impressed by Willie's lead guitar work on Trigger which is as good as it ever gets. Keep on Rockin' Willie!!!


3pm
George Jones - Hangin' On To One & Hangin' 'round The Other - 14 Greats
Willie Nelson - If You Could See What's Going Through My Mind - Naked Willie
Willie Nelson & Asleep At The Wheel - Corrine Corrina - Willie And Wheel
Willie Nelson - Whiskey River - Stars & Guitars
The Black Crows - Jealous Again - Wiser For The Time
The Mavericks - Back In Your Arms Again - In Time
Mike Aiken - Bring Out The Bourbon - Captains & Cowboys
Randall Bramblett - Roll - The Bright Spots
Ashleigh Flynn - Dirty Hands and Dirty Feet  - A Million Stars
Laura Cortese - Heel To Toe - Into The Dark
Rebekah Pulley & The Reluctant Prophets - Sister Sally - Tralala
Whitewater Ramble - Dear Mr. Bankman - Roots & Groove
Terry Brown - Cowgirls Make The Rules - It's A Cowboy Thang
4pm
Willie Nelson - Crazy - Crazy, The Demo Sessions
Willie Nelson - Gotta Serve Somebody - Moment Of Forever
Willie Nelson - Come On Up To The House - Heroes
The Mother Truckers - Nothing There - Broke, Not Broken
The Whiskey Sisters - Good Girl Down - The Whiskey Sisters
Ashley Monroe - Two Weeks Late - Like A Rose
Beth Lee & The Breakups - One More Time Again - One More Time Again
Nora Jane Struthers & The Party Line - Party Line - Carnival
Patty Griffin - Don't Let Me Die In Florida - American Kid
The Cave Singers - Hay Stacks - No Witch
Son Volt - Bakersfield - Honky Tonk
Willie Nelson - Matchbox - Let's Face The Music And Dance
Willie Nelson - Roll Me Up - Heroes

No comments: