Saturday, July 28, 2012

Routes & Branches 7-28-12

The end of the month again and time to pick this month's favorite new CD's for the Freeform American Roots Chart (FAR Chart). My picks for this month are as follows:
1) Old Crow Medicine Show: Carry Me Back

2)VA: Kin; Songs By Mary Karr & Rodney Crowell
3) Mack Evans: Pawn Shop Guitar
4) James Luther Dickinson & North Mississippi Allstars: I'm Just Dead, I'm Not Gone
5) Elizabeth Cook: Gospel Plow
6) Woody Guthrie: Woody At 100

I really like the new Old Crow Medicine Show CD "Carry Me Back". I think that it is their best album to date. With songs like "Bootlegger's Boy" and "Country Gal" OCMS will have you "Steppin' Out" on  a "Mississippi Saturday Night". What's not to like??

Artist-Song-Source

3pm
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - Danger - The Road To Escondido

Slaid Cleaves - Pickin' California - Even More Songs Of Route 66
Hot Tuna - Mama Let Me Lay It On You - Steady As She Goes
Malcolm Holcombe - Trail O' Money - Down The River
Ry Cooder - No Banker Left Behind - Pull Up Some dust And Sit Down
Steve Earle - The Gulf Of Mexico - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Elizabeth Cook - If I Had My Way I'd Tear This Building Down - Gospel Plow
Elizabeth Cook - Hear Jerusalem Calling - Gospel Plow
The Honey Dewdrops - Hills Of My Home - Silver Lining
Woody Guthrie - This Land Is Your Land - Woody At 100
Woody Guthrie - I Ain't Got No Home (In This World Anymore) - Woody At 100
Matt The Electrician - The Road - Even More Songs Of Route 66
Bill Kirchen W/ Maria Muldar - Ain't Got Time For The Blues - Word To The Wise
Emmylou Harris - Hard Bargain - Hard Bargain
Grant Peeples - Market Town - Prior Convictions
James Luther Dickinson & North Mississippi Allstars - Truck Drivin' Man - I'm Just Dead, I'm Not Gone
James Luther Dickinson & North Mississippi Allstars - Down In Mississippi - I'm Just Dead, I'm Not Gone
Mack Evans - Big Bill - Pawn Shop Guitar
Mack Evans - Southern Rock - Pawn Shop Guitar
Mark Collie & His Reckless Companions - Someday My Luck Will Change - Alive At Brushy Mountain State Pen
Bryan Clark & The New Lyceum Players - Voodoo Flame - Southern Intermission
Rodney Crowell & Lee Ann Womack - Momma's On A Roll - Kin: Songs By Mary Karr & Rodney Crowell
Old Crow Medicine Show - Bootlegger's Boy - Carry Me Back
Old Crow Medicine Show - Mississippi Saturday Night - Carry Me Back

No comments: