Sunday, April 3, 2011

Routes and Branches Play List 04/02/11

I have been anticipating the new Steve Earle album for over a year now and I'm so glad that it is finally here. I saw Steve perform at least 4 times last year starting with his "Townes" tour at the beginning of 2010 which is when he told the audience that he was planning on going into the studio with T Bone Burnett to produce this new album "I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive". I also saw Earle at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival last fall where he performed some of the tunes on this disc. I like every tune on this album and it will certainly make it into my favorites for 2011.
This is the second album of Steve's that Burnett has a hand in producing (The other was Earle's 2000 release "Transcendental Blues"). From the first track on the album to the last it is classic Steve Earle but I can also hear Burnett's influence on the tracks. T Bone has produced several artists that I play on my show from Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' "Raising Sand" album to Greg Allman's new album "Low Country Blues" and I'm beginning to hear similarities that are the result of Burnett's influence. In fact I like what T Bone contributes to other artist's work more than I have ever liked his own albums.


Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Steve Earle - Waitin' On The Sky - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Steve Earle - Meet Me In The Alleyway - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Bill Bourne - Open Up Your Hand - Boon Tang
Alison Krauss & Union Station - Lay My Burden Down - Paper Airplane
Neil Getz - Not In Love, Just Falling - Factory Second
Elephant Revival - Barefoot Friend - Break In The Clouds
Head For The Hills - One Foot In The Grave - Head For The Hills
Pert Near Sandstone - Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss - Needle & Thread
The Black Lillies - Peach Pickin' - 100 Miles Of Wreckage
Steve Earle - The Gulf Of Mexico - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Chuck Cannon - Money - Love And Money
The Decemberists - Down By The River - The King Is Dead
Pete Sinjin - Broken Radios - Better Angels Radio

4pm.
G-Love - 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover - Fixin' To Die
Chris Smither - Surprise Surprise - Time Stands Still
Peter Case - Dig What Your Puttin' Down - Wig
Dave Alvin - Ashgrove - Ashgrove
Steve Earle - God Is God - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
American Babies - Dance All Night - Flawed Logic
Phil Ayoub - Flowers At work - Arrivals And Departures
Yonder Mountain String Band - Night Out - Mountain Tracks Vol. 5
Tommy Shaw - Shadows In The Moonlight - The Great Divide
Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real - Four Letter Word - Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real
The Bridge - Rosie - National Bohemian
Steve Earle - This City - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive

No comments: