Sunday, March 6, 2011

Routes and Branches Play List 03/05/11

The Drive By Truckers are coming to Eugene this week so I decided to make them the featured artist for this week's show. I first saw DBT about 3 years ago in Portland and the show was great with a lot energy from both the band and the crowd. I'm so glad that they are performing in Eugene this time through Oregon. I have read some reviews that say DBT's latest album "Go-Go Boots" is not as good as their past material, but I have to disagree. I think it is some of their best work ever and as a whole I like "Go-Go Boots" better than some of their earlier albums in which I only liked one or two tunes. I also really like how Mike Cooley sounds on this album. His voice has a classic country feel to it on songs like "Pulaski" and "The Weakest Man".

Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Drive By Truckers - Gravity's Gone - A Blessing And A Curse
Drive By Truckers - Pulaski - Go-Go Boots
Drive By Truckers - Two Daughters And A Beautiful Wife - Brighter Than Creations Dark
David Jacob Strain - Halfway To The Coast - Terraplane Angel
The Punch Brothers - Rye Whiskey - Antifogmatic
The Stagger And Sway - Wyoming - Break Til You Bend
Nanci Griffith - This Heart - Flyer
Drive By Truckers - Carl Perkins' Cadillac - The Dirty South
Drive By Truckers - When I Ran Off And Left Her - Sometimes Late At Night
Patterson Hood - I Understand Now - Murdering Oscar
Buddy Miller - Cattle Call - The Majestic Silver Strings

4pm.
Robert Plant - Silver Rider - Band Of Joy
Los Lobos - West L.A.Fadeaway - Tin Can Trust
Heartless Bastards - The Mountain - The Mountain
Drive By Truckers - Sandwiches For The Road - Gangstbilly
Hayes Carll - Another Like You - KMAG YO-YO
Jason & The Scorchers - Land Of The Free - Halcyon Times
Drive By Truckers - Used To Be A Cop - Go-Go Boots
Drive By Truckers - Dancin' Ricky - Go-Go Boots
Drive By Truckers - Working This Job - The Big To-Do
Drive By Truckers - Everybody Needs Love - Go-Go Boots

No comments: