Saturday, July 17, 2010

Routes and Branches Play List 07/17/10

I had the pleasure of having Chris Chandler and Paul Benoit stop by the KRVM studios this afternoon before their show at Sam Bond's Garage this evening. Although Chris has been a regular at the Oregon Country Fair for years, he just recently came to my attention with his new CD with Paul called So, Where Ya Headed?.
I caught their performance last weekend at the fair and this evening and I must say that I love how they mix Chris' poetry with original and contemporary songs played and sung by Paul. This is the next generation of folk music/storytelling in America.

Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
Steve Earle - Satellite Radio - Washington Square Serenade
Robert Randolph & The Family Band - If I had My Way - We Walk This Road
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On) - Raising Sand
Great American Taxi - Reckless Habits - Reckless Habits
Great American Taxi - Appalachian Soul - Coal Country (The Movie)
Jason & The Scorchers - Beat On The Mountain - Coal Country Music
Chris Chandler & Paul Benoit - Thoughts On Fabric #2/ Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat - So Where Ya Headed
Chris Chandler & Paul Benoit - American Idle/ Fame - So Where Ya Headed

4pm.
Danger Muffin - What's In A Bottle - Beermuda
I See Hawks In L.A. - Humbolt - Shoulda Been Gold
Dave Alvin - King Of California - King Of California
Black Prairie - Annie Mcguire - Feast Of The Hunter's Moon
Lyle Lovett - That's Right (You're Not From Texas)- The Road To Ensenada
Lyle Lovett - Natural Forces - Natural Forces
Lyle Lovett - My Baby Don't Tolerate - My Baby Don't Tolerate
Neil Young - This Old Guitar - Prairie Wind
Truckstop Honeymoon - Childhood Memories - Homemade Haircut
Keller & The Keels - Get It While You Can - Thief
Jackson Brown & David Lindley - Love Is Strange/Stay - Love Is Strange

No comments: