Sunday, October 4, 2009

Routes and Branches Play List 10/03/09

Chris Smither was in Eugene yesterday so I started and ended my show featuring some of his songs. He played every single song that I had picked at his concert last night at the Jaqua concert hall. A wonderful evening of music and story telling.

For the rest of my show I had printed out the program guide to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival which is taking place this weekend in San Fransisco's Golden Gate park, and played all of the artists that I would be tying to see if I was there. There were so many that I could only fit a single track from each into my 2-hour show. I'm sure I would have the same difficulty trying to see all the same acts over the course of the 3-days. Maybe I will make it next year.


artist-song-source

3pm.
Chris Smither - Origin Of Species - Leave The Light On
Chris Smither - Don't Call Me Stranger - Time Stands Still
Chris Smither - Drive You Home Again - Drive You Home Again
Poor Man's Whiskey - Whiskey In Heaven - Darkside Of The Moonshine
Lyle Lovett - Fiona - The Road To Ensenada
Guy Clark - The Guitar - Somedays The Song Writes You
Jorma Kaukonen - Operator - River Of Time
Steve Earle - Delta Mama Blues - Townes
Buddy & Julie Miller - What You Gonna Do Leroy - Written In Chalk
Robert Earl Keen - Feelin' Good Again - Live At The Ryman
Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women - Boss Of The Blues - Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women
Okkervil River - Singer Songwriter - The Stand Ins
Old 97's - She Loves The Sunset - Blame It On Gravity

4pm.
Eliza Gilkyson - Emerald Street - Beautiful World
Hayes Carll - A Lover Like You - Trouble In Mind
Austin Lounge Lizards - Brain Damage - Lizard Vision
Reckless Kelly - Ragged As The Road - Bullitproof
Drive By Truckers - Like A Rolling Stone - The Fine Print
Doc Watson - Daybreak Blues - The Three Pickers
Earl Scruggs - Earl's Breakdown - The Three Pickers
Rodney Crowell - Dancin' Circles Around The Sun - The Outsider
Old Crow Medicine Show - Tennessee Pusher - Tennessee Pusher
Neko Case - This Tornado Loves You - Middle Cyclone
Todd Snider - Greencastle Blues - The Excitement Plan
Chris Smither - Surprise Surprise - Time Stands Still
Chris Smither - Crocodile Man - Train Home

No comments: