Sunday, April 5, 2009

Routes and Branches Play List 04/04/09

With JJ Cale playing in town this Sunday at a sold out show at the WOW hall to benefit the Greenhill Humane Society, I decide to make him the feature artist of today’s show.
JJ Cale is one of my favorite song writers, he has been covered by the likes of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Widespread Panic, Yonder Mountain String Band, Chris Smither , and of course Eric Clapton along with many others. At 70 years old, Cale's new album "Roll On" is one of his best ever.

I also threw in a few brand new songs this week. Slaid Cleeves has a great new disc out and a new band from Cincinnati called One Horse sent me their debut album. I also had the new disc from local artists The Whopner County Country Allstars. I want to thank the Allstars for including me in their thank yous on the liner notes. I'm sure to bring more tracks from all of these artists to the air on upcoming shows.

Finally, I want to say a big Thank You to all of my listeners who have pledged to our Spring fundraiser. It is listeners like you who help to keep KRVM and Routes and Branches on the air.
Tim

Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
JJ Cale - After Midnight - JJ Cale Live
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - Ride The River - The Road To Escondido
JJ Cale - Who Knew - Roll On
Widespread Panic - Travelin' Light - Space Wrangler
Slaid Cleeves - Green Mountains And Me - Everything You Love Will Be Taken Away
Buddy & Julie Miller - Gasoline & Matches - Written In Chalk
Willie Nelson - If You Could See What's Going Through My Mind - Naked Willie
JJ Cale - I'm A Gypsy Man - Troubadour
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me The Breeze - One More From The Road
One Horse - On The Road - One Horse

4pm.
Derek Trucks Band - Back Where I Started - Already Free
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - Heads In Georgia - The Road To Escondido
Chris Smither - Magnolia - Happier Blue
JJ Cale - Guitar Man - Guitar Man
The Whopner County Country Allstars - City Limits - It's Too Loud
Los Lobos - And It Didn't Even Bring Me Down - Keep Your Soul, A Tribute to Doug Sahm
JJ Cale - My Baby And Me - Rewind
JJ Cale - Chains Of Love - To Tulsa And Back
Sideroads - Spirit Highway - Destinations
JJ Cale - Down To Memphis - Roll On

No comments: