Saturday, January 3, 2009

Routes and Branches Play List 01/03/09

Happy New Year
This week marks my one year anniversary with KRVM. I feel so fortunate that I get program great Americana music on the radio every week.
This past year has introduced me to more new music than ever. It was hard to narrow down Today's show of my top 20 favorite songs from 2008. It is a mix of some long time favorites like Willie Nelson and John Hiat along with new to me artists like The Mother Truckers and the Drive By Truckers.
I am looking forward to bringing you, our listeners and supporters, another year of new and interesting Americana, Roots music and Alt. Country. If you have any suggestions for guest artists or music on Routes & Branches, just leave me a note on this site.
See you on the radio.
Tim

Artist-Song-Source

3pm.
20 One Horse Shy - Just Me and You - One Horse Shy
19 Angel Band - Hold Me Angel - With Roots & Wings
18 Eliza Gilkyson - Runaway Train - Beautiful World
17 Jenny Reynolds - Next To You - Next To You
16 Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson - Rattlin' Bones - Rattlin' Bones
15 Willie Nelson - Over You Again - Moment Of Forever
14 John Hiatt - On With You - Same Old Man
13 Ry Cooder - Can I Smoke In Here - I, Flathead (The Songs of Kash Buk and The Klowns)
12 Old Crow Medicine Show - Tennessee Pusher - Tennessee Pusher
11 The Mother Truckers - When I Get My Wings - Let's All Go To Bed
10 Susan Tedeschi - Back To The River - Back To The River
9 Lucinda Williams - Real Love - Little Honey

4pm.
8 Reckless Kelly - Ragged As The Road - Bulletproof
7 Sonny Landreth - Howlin' Moon - From The reach
6 Drew Emmitt - River's Risin' - Long Road
5 Railroad Earth - Hard Livin' - Amen Corner
4 The Drive By Truckers - Righteous Path - Brighter Than Creations Dark
3 Rodney Crowell - The Rise and Fall of Intelligent Design - Sex And Gasoline
2 James McMurtry - Hurricane Party - Just Us Kids
1 Hayes Carll - Drunk Poet's Dream - Trouble In Mind
HM The Bridge - Heavy Water - Blind Man's Hill

No comments: