Sunday, October 26, 2008

Routes and Branches Play List 10/25/08

KRVM is finishing up our fall pledge drive this week. I started the show with Okkervil River so I could talk about bring artists like Will Sheff into the studio for live interviews. Look for more guest artists on the show in the upcoming weeks.

This was a great week for live Americana music in town. Hayes Carll came to town on Wednesday night with Corb Lund opening the show. Both bands were outstanding and had Sam Bond's rocking. I mixed up a set of their music to get the show going this week.

The rest of the show was a mix of mostly new music with a few older tracks thrown in. A new artist to me this week was Jack Tempchin. I had not known of his song writing work with the Eagles and the movie industry. I look forward to featuring more of his music on Routes and Branches.

3pm.
Okkervil River - Singer Songwritter - The Stand Ins
Corb Lund - Five Dollar Bill - Five Dollar Bill
Hayes Carll - A Lover Like You - Trouble In Mind
Corb Lund - Counterfeiter's Blues - Hair In My Eyes Like A Highland Steer
Hayes Carll - Knockin' Over Whiskeys - Trouble In Mind
Susan Tedeschi - Love Will - Back To The River
Rodney Crowell - The Rise and Fall Of Intelligent Design - Sex & Gasoline
Jack Tempchin - Smuggler's Blues - Songs
Jack Tempchin - Out In The Desert - Songs
Jonatha Brooke - All You Gotta Do is Touch Me - The Works
Buddy & Julie Miller - Love Snuck Up - Love Snuck Up
Hank III - Me & My Friends - Damn Right Rebel Proud
Sonny Landreth - Howlin' Moon - From The Reach

4pm.
Reckless Kelly - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning - Reckless Kelly Was Here
Little Feat - Willin' - Join The Band
Ry Cooder - Steel Guitar Heaven - I, Flathead
Catfish Keith - If I Could Holler - If I Could Holler
Taj Mahal - I Can Make You Happy - Maestro
Cedric Burnside & Lightnin' Malcolm - R.L Burnside - 2 Man Wrecking Crew
Ruby Dee And The Snakehandlers - Don't Need A Man - Miles From Home
Stewart Mann - Nickles And Dimes - Stewart Mann and The Statesboro Revue
David Lindley - Seminole Bingo - Big Twang
Slaid Cleaves - This Morning I Am Born Again - Broke Down
Drive By Truckers - The Righteous Path - Brighter Than Creations Dark

No comments: